Indian Chapati Vegan & Gluten Free Bread So Delicious. My story with flat chapati breads started over a decade ago. When I first tried this simple delicacy I thought wow! how delicious. This is a traditional bread that comes from the Indian subcontinent, countries like India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
go to link Indian Chapati Vegan & Gluten Free Bread So Delicious. The word ‘chapat’ in Hindi means flat. This bread is also often called ‘roti’. Traditional flat chapati breads are made of sieved wheat flour (durum), water and salt.
click Because I avoid wheat in my diet, the recipe for today is a gluten-free version prepared from chickpea flour. Everybody knows of my love for Arabic cuisine, so there always must be a little bit of zaatar in it, which with lemon is a perfect marriage. Here you are, Indian Chapati Vegan & Gluten Free Bread So Delicious.
- enter site time 30 minutes
- http://www.cmtagency.com/?mikro=la-rencontre-allan-w-eckert-wikip%C3%A9dia&3bf=db difficulty medium
- follow diet plant based / vegan diet without meat, eggs, dairy products, gluten
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 glass of chickpeas flour (you can easily pound the smoothie on a smooth flour like you have a strong blender)
- 1/2 gluten free flour (you can buy ready)
- 1 flat teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of water (maybe need a bit more, because the flour without gluten drinks more water)
- 1 spoonful of spice zaatar (you can use oregano if you don’t find zaataru, also great with lemon)
- 1 lemon
- All the ingredients I put into the blender with the right gadget for kneading; put the blender on for 5 minutes. Like the traditional women of the subcontinent, you can make it with your hands (I give you respect for that)
- Next I divide the dough divided into 15 pieces and roll each piece with a roller to be round (to make the dough not to stick to the countertop sprinkle a little bit of flower on the countertop)
- I heat the pan well, then put one prepared bread on it, leave on the pan for one minute, after one minute turn it over and leave for another minute. Remove chapati from the pan. Traditionally, chapati is placed for a few seconds on the fire to gently swell. I have an electric cooker, so can’t really do it. Chapati can be eaten alone warm and cold or eaten with hummus, Catalan romesco sauce or guacamole tastes just fine!
- Isn’t the beauty of different cultures combined amazing?
Sharing is caring, so you if I could ask for your help to share this good for the body and soul recipe with your loved ones and your friends my heart will be utterly grateful.