Vegan Pease Soup with Peppery Tofu and Refreshing Lemon. Comforts the belly, heats up, evokes childhood memories from childhood, pleasant and joyful moments.
Vegan Pease Soup with Peppery Tofu and Refreshing Lemon. Pea itself is a sensational legume that alkalizes the body (neutralizes the acidifying effect of the food), feeding the body with good quality vegetable protein. Adored in Asia in famous “curry”, and in Europe in soup or well-known vegetable dishes including that famous Polish veggie favourite called “Bigos”. It is a good source of calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and B vitamins, K, A. Pure and natural support for our precious health. Ahhh and that smell of marjoram when cooking, I love it! You will love it too, trust me! Here it is: Vegan Pease Soup with Peppery Tofu and Refreshing Lemon.
- time about 40 minutes
- difficulty easy
- diet plant based/vegan diet: no meat, fish, dairy, eggs, wheat/gluten, sugar
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1/3 of leek
- 2 carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 onion
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 glass of dry pease (peas)
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 grains of allspice
- Sea salt or Himalayan salt
- black pepper
- 1/3 (100 grams) of tofu
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of coconut or rapeseed oil
- I get the soup pot ready
- I peel the onion and garlic and cut into small cubes. Put into a pan and fry for a little about 5 minutes
- I wash, peel and cut potatoes, carrots, celery, parsley and leeks. Then add to the pot and fry together with garlic and onion for another 2 minutes.
- I add peas, salt and pepper. I fry again for 2 minutes
- Then I pour the pot full with water and cook everything for 20 minutes, then add marjoram and cook for 10 minutes additionally
- Soft peas are a sign that the soup is ready. I pour half the soup from the pot to the blender and blend until smooth. Then I transfer it to the pot with the remaining soup
- I cut the lemon into 4 pieces, get rid of the pips and dip it in the soup, cover the lid and wait about 10 minutes until the lemon will add a little refreshing magic to the soup
- When waiting for the magic to happen I warm up the pan, cut tofu into thin strips, generously wrap in black pepper, and pinch of salt and fry until colour turns into light brow, then add into the soup
I serve in a beautiful bowl with a healthy rye bread (optional)Bon Appetit!
Sharing is caring, so you if I could ask for your help to share this good for the body and soul recipe with your loved ones and your friends my heart will be utterly grateful.