Want to improve your immunity and prevent cancer at the same time? Beets it!
Beetroots contain powerful antioxidants and increase oxygen intake by cells; strengthening the blood system. They are easy to digest and when used in soup there is no need for artificial cubes.
The soup is sweet from sweet potatoes and sour from lemon – pure nature on the plate. Sweet potatoes compared to ordinary potatoes have a lower glycemic index, which is worth knowing for those with diabetes or wanting to lose unnecessary kilograms. And they contain an abundance of vitamins C and A. All in all just good news, and this is what we like here, right?
Here is my healthy, delicious soup: Vegan Beetroot Soup with Sweet Potato.
- time: up to 40 minutes
- difficulty: easy
- diet: plant based / vegan without meat, dairy eggs, gluten, nuts
- 3 medium beets
- 1 big sweet potato
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- A handful of green parsley
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 5 grains of all spice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt or Himalayan salt
- A pinch of pepper
- Juice from one whole lemon
- 1 tablespoon of marjoram
- 1 teaspoon of coconut cream per each serving
- I peel vegetables and cut into cubes
- Chopped onion and garlic I put into a pot on warm oil and fry until golden in colour
- Stir the onion and garlic and add water, then add the other veggies (carrot, celery & parsley)
- I add salt, pepper, all spice and bay leaves, cook for a moment and throw in the sliced sweet potatoes and sliced or grated beetroot
- Next I add the lemon juice to make the beets not to loose its beautiful color
- I cook it for 30 minutes. At the finish I add a spoonful of marjoram, I cook for 2 minutes more and serve with a teaspoon of coconut cream and a hint of parsley
Sharing is caring, so you if I could ask for your help to share this good for the body and soul recipe with your loved ones and your friends my heart will be utterly grateful.