Roasted Aubergines with Lemony Chickpeas and Millet. I admirably admit that aubergine is one of my favorite vegetable. I fell in love with them thanks to my Pakistani friends, because it was when I ate them for the first time.
I do not know whether it is culinary magic of the chef or the magic of the atmosphere of that evening that made the aubergines taste so delicious and unique… so deep that it actually stole my taste buds. But I know one thing – it was definitely worth it! These love pears definitely conquered my stomach!
Aubergines is an exclusive treat. It has more fiber than apples, 90% of it is water, so it hydrates like watermelon, What is most exciting it feeds the body with the “saving life” potassium, and the cells of your body will be forever grateful for it! I invite you to the insanly delicious dinner today; Roasted Aubergines with Lemony Chickpeas and Millet.
- Time: 40 minutes
- difficulty: easy
- diet: vegetarian / vegan: no meat, eggs, fish, dairy, wheat / gluten, yeast, nuts
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 medium eggplant per person
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas or cooked in a can
- 1 cup of cooked millet
- A generous handful of rucola
- sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/2 lemon
- black pepper
- I heat the oven to 180° C. On the baking tray I spread the paper.
- I wash the aubergines, dry them and gently cut along the center in half. I use the fork to make few holes in the middle. Next I put them the baking tray and bake them in the oven for 40 minutes.
- On the side I get myslef a bowl into which I add chickpeas, millet, rocket, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Mix it all together and put aside.
- The ready baked aubergines, on each half I drizzle few drops of olive oil and load the prepared salad on the top of it.
- You can also add hummus or add some vegan cheese, and if you choose the cheese option gently bake for an additional 5 minutes in the oven.
Sharing is caring, so you if I could ask for your help to share this good for the body and soul recipe with your loved ones and your friends my heart will be utterly grateful.