Quinoa Fit Pancakes with Mushrooms Vegan & Gluten Free. Quinoa is the main ingredient in my pancakes. It is a treasure trove of wholesome protein as well as being a valuable source of Magnesium, Calcium and Iron. With a pleasant, slightly nutty flavour, it contains bundles of healthy fats that our bodies thrive on!
Quinoa Fit Pancakes with Mushrooms Vegan & Gluten Free. This wholesome grain is not only perfect for vegetarians but also provides a delicious answer to those who want to diversify their diets; there’s only so much eggs one can eat for that much needed protein. It’s a great option for people with food intolerance of gluten, eggs, meat or dairy. Quinoa is gluten-free and contains a lot of plant protein. It is easy to use for both sweet and sour foods. Also amazing if you are looking for recipes rich in protein, ideal if you are busy working out & toning up for this summer and I know you are! Spring is just round the corner, so your waist must be taken care of, right? There you go I am always here to help you with delicious and healthy plant based protein pancakes! Quinoa Fit Pancakes with Mushrooms Vegan & Gluten Free.
- time soak quinoa over night or for 8 hours / preparing pancakes 30 minutes
- difficulty easy
- diet without gluten, dairy, nuts, eggs (plant-based/vegan)
- portions of 12-14 pies
WHAT YOU NEED
- 400 grams of quinoa
- 20 mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- sea salt or Himalayan salt
- black pepper
- a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- coconut oil for frying
- I wash quinoa in cold water and leave it in the water in a bowl overnight or for 8 hours
- Next day I rinse it, drain in the colander and transfer to the blender. I add salt and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, blend it until I get a smooth paste. I put the paste into a bowl
- Next I peel and cut the onion into cubes and add to the bowl with the prepared quinoa paste, mix everything
- I cut mushrooms into thin flat strips
- Next I add oil to the heated pan. I start forming my first pancake (using a tablespoon) on a frying pan. Then on each formed pancake I lay flat and thinly cut mushrooms. I allow it to fry for a minute or two and then roll it over and leave it to bake. Mushrooms will gently mix into a pancake after a minute or two of frying.
Sauce is made with avocado and tomatoes. I blend them together, then add a sliced onion, olive oil and salt.
Check out my earlier delicious recipes with quinoa, sensational if you are looking for protein dishes! Amazing for your health and beautiful body!
Sharing is caring, so you if I could ask for your help to share this good for the body and soul recipe with your loved ones and your friends my heart will be utterly grateful.