Today I have something very different, yet still delicious for you. Let me introduce you to my ‘Protein Cookies’ – healthy and full of quality plant protein.
source url My Protein Cookies are made from quinoa (Peruvian rice) which contains a high amount of healthy protein and minerals such as Magnesium, Calcium and Iron. It has a pleasant, slightly nutty flavor and contains the healthy fats – those which actually make us slim. I know it can be a rather strange concept when you hear that fat can make you slim especially when you hear it for the first time. It is a subject for a longer conversation perhaps on one of my cooking classes or you can always ask uncle google. Here you are: Quinoa Cookies – The Healthy Plant Full of Protein Snack!
- time soaking quinoa at least – 5h, making cookies – 20 mins, baking time – 15 mins
- enter site difficulty medium
- lieux rencontre 39 diet no: gluten/flour, sugar, dairy (vegan)
- 1 glass of quinoa
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 6 medjool dates or 2 tbsp of xylitol/maple syrup (vegan) or honey
- 1 tbsp of linseed or chia seeds 6 tbsp of hot water (vegan egg)
- Soak the quinoa for at least 5 hours. The best way is to soak it overnight. Then rinse, dry for few minutes and blend it to smooth paste
- Prepare vegan egg: blend chia or linseed then pour with 6-8 tbsp hot water. Give it 5-10 mins to thicken
- Remove the seeds from the dates and add to the blender
- Add rest of ingredients to the blender and blend it to a smooth paste
- Heat the oven to 160°C
- Put the baking paper on baking tray and form round cookies on the paper. Bake for about 7 mins each side
- Chill and keep for up to 7 days