Just a few days ago I spoke about the protein and its significant impact on our body and the processes occurring in it. I gave examples of wholesome vegetable animal and plant protein. If you are interested in having a fit, healthy and sexy body (guess what? I know you are!) remember that nice bodies are made 80% in the kitchen and 20 % in the gym – or doing whatever activity you like doing. I am the kitchen master so today I will show you a delicious burger, full of healthy plant protein with tons of goodness, made from a mix of quinoa, chickpeas, fresh herbs, dried tomatoes and sour lemon. Madness! Are you still waiting? Shopping time and get into your kitchen to create the magic.
- time 15 minutes
- difficulty medium
- diet no meat, wheat, dairy products, nuts
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup of finely blended quinoa (quinoa flour)
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- handful of fresh coriander
- 1/4 of preserved lemon (or juice of 1/2 lemon)
- several (4-5) sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger (you can add fresh instead)
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered cumin
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of rye flour (or gluten-free flour)
- coconut oil for frying
- Put the chickpeas, together with the quinoa flour and all the dry spices into a blender
- Then wash and finely chop mint, coriander and pickled lemon zest, add them into the blender (if you do not have pickled lemon add freshly squezed lemon juice)
- Blend all the ingredients until you get a smooth paste
- Form 3 big burgers
- Warm up the pan, add coconut oil and fry the burgers for around 3-4 minutes, turning several times
- I usually serve these goodies with a mixture of lettuce, spring onion, avocado and grilled peppers.
- Alternatively, you can buy fresh crispy rye or other valuable wholemeal bread and serve as a traditional burger.