The long awaited summer has arrived and the simple fact is that nobody wants to stand in the kitchen and cook. Right? Especially in those long hot days when the beach and other pleasures call us. Fortunately for us, we have a quick 15 minutes in which to solve this tiny problem with a delicious yet goodness filled solution. The solution is: Pasta! As Italians say, ‘it’s great for all seasons.’ The only thing to pay attention to is what kind of pasta we choose.
Typical white pasta, made from modern wheat, is quite simply, a bad choice. It’s bad for the gut, especially in cases of intolerance or allergy to wheat or gluten. Unfortunately, even today, many of us do not realise that there may be such a problem. Let me explain. Flour is perceived as a natural product, used in the kitchen for hundreds, even thousands of years, people have eaten it and always survived. My dear, it was a completely different wheat flour then!
Personally, I have to be very choosy when it comes to pasta to avoid eating wheat, spelt and durum because I suffer from wheat intolerance. Hence, when buying pasta I always seek out rye, gluten free, rice, lentils and other wheat free versions. In short, all those without modern wheat and similar varieties. In the restaurant, it is worth asking for the gluten free as you will serve your health a big favour. But if you like wheat and you want to eat wheat choose a variety called Kamut. It’s generally worth it to reach for those with complex carbohydrates, for health and for the figure.
Today, I invite you to a yummy Lentil Pasta in Tomato-Spinach Sauce. It’s full of plant based, healthy protein.
time of 15 minutes
difficulty very easy
diet vegetable / vegan diet without gluten, sugar, dairy, nuts
WHAT YOU NEED
1 pack of lentil pasta
4 large garlic cloves
5 small red, medium-sized tomatoes
A handful of spinach
1 flat teaspoon of sea salt or Himalayan Salt
generous pinch of black pepper
extra virgin olive oil
- I cook pasta according to the instructions on the pack. Generally I add it to the previously boiled, salted water. I try to keep al dente
- While the pasta is being cooked, I peel and finely blanch the garlic, then fry gently in a frying pan
- Then I wash spinach and tomatoes and together with salt add it to the blender, all I blend to get the sauce, which I finally add to the frying pan for 10 minutes
- Finally I add the cooked pasta into the sauce and mix it all nicely
- Serve with olive oil, sprinkled with black pepper. You may like to add something garnish like rocket or fresh spinach and ready to eat!
Sharing is caring, so you if I could ask for your help to share this good for the body and soul recipe with your loved ones and your friends my heart will be utterly grateful.