Delicate and Warm Sweet Potato & Chanterelle Soup. Imagine the time when the summer ends, leaves start to fall and you long for that warm cuddly jumper, a cup of hot tea and … that warming and comforting soup. Next to many delicious, traditional soups, there will always be room for a note of extravagance, that is just something else, a little variation, right? Do you like surprises? Who doesn’t… but of course only those nice and positive ones. Guess what I have just that one for you today!
I will surprise your taste buds with a delicious taste, and feed your body with the goodness of wonderful vitamins and minerals offered by mother nature herself. Sweet potato is a winner here! It is a hero of vitamins A, C, E that care about your beautiful skin, also B vitamins which give you the energy and the power of the mind. Last but not least, it is also a source of tons of potassium regulating kidney function, blood pressure, muscle work, This is such an important mineral and looks after the transportation of all the goodness that comes from food into every single cell of your body! Make sure you never become deficient of it.
And now a pinch of Daria’s sophistication…As it’s autumn and in September, each year I migrate back to the deep woodlands of my homeland to forage for wild mushrooms. I yearn and miss the pinch of the peppery Chanterelles! These fungi beauties are wild and nature has given it exceptional properties. This is a mushroom that does not attract those nasty slimey snails and bugs! And by eating it, you are wiping out your inner human worms (yes we all have them). Chanterelles also take care of your liver. Purely blissful delights, no chemicals needed! All in one Delicate and Warm Sweet Potato & Chanterelle Soup!
It is very common to hear that mushrooms have only “taste qualities but no nutritional value”. Well… colloquially many things are said, right? “The sun that goes around earth” was also said once until Mr Copernicus proved otherwise! … So it is worthwhile to delve into the subject to better understand it. And as for the delicious soup you will find the recipe below. Delicate and Warm Sweet Potato & Chanterelle Soup!
- time: about 30 minutes
- difficulty: easy
- diet:plant-based / vegan: no meat, eggs, fish, dairy, wheat / gluten, yeast, nuts
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 parsley
- a tiny piece of celery
- 1/3 lime
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream/milk (or oily vegetable milk, such as home-made almond milk – if not allergic or non-tolerant)
- Himalayan or sea salt
- 500 grams of Chanterelles
- 1 tablespoon of coconut or rapeseed oil
- fresh your favorite herb, for me basil!
- Onions and garlic I peel and cut into cubes
- Next I peel the sweet potato, celery and parsley and cut it all into small pieces
- In a medium sized pot I heat up the oil. Then add onion with garlic, fry for about 2 minutes until it gently blushes and starts to smell beautifully
- Then I add the chopped potatoes, parsley and celery into the pot and fry it for about 5 minutes.
- Next I add hot water (boiled in a kettle) to fill almost the whole pot, salt and cook everything for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes I check the readiness / softness of the sweet potatoes. If they are soft, I pour half of the soup into the blender, blend it and add it back to the pot
- Then I add well-washed Chanterelles and cook everything for 10 minutes. Last but not least, I chop a fresh, favorite herb – basil as for me perfectly blends with the taste of sweet potatoes. Although other herbs will work just as well. Finally I add lime juice, coconut cream / milk and plenty of black pepper!
Ready! Delicate and Warm Sweet Potato & Chanterelle Soup!
Sharing is caring, so you if I could ask for your help to share this good for the body and soul recipe with your loved ones and your friends my heart will be utterly grateful.