Courgette Spaghetti in Creamy Avocado Paprika and Dried Tomato Sauce. Spaghetti from Courgette is made with a spiralizer. As an alternative, you can use a julienne knife / peeler – it works fine with the difference that the spaghetti is thin but not so long.
The main ingredient in the sauce is the creamy avocado. Avocados are my favourite, though I have to admit that initially there was no chemistry between us. Here we have an example that food we think we don’t like, we can get convinced to and even begin to love it.
For a long time now, avocados have replaced my unhealthy spreads, such as margarine etc. I’m in love with the delicious creamy consistency provided by this fruit, yes fruit. This year for the first time I had the delightful opportunity to collect them from the trees. I came across two types, one in a thick, rather bubbly brown skin brown and the other, in a smooth green skin. As for me, the latter is definitely more creamy; I once associated/compared its taste and consistency it with creamy ice cream. Yes ice cream!
The biggest challenge with avocados is knowing when they’ve reached peak readiness. I have to admit, with a little bit of practice, my judgement on their readiness has definitely improved. Avocados provide us with tons of valuable nutrients, contain so much more potassium than bananas, abundant in healthy fats and so are a perfect delicacy for our grateful brains. Nothing left but to invite you into in to share my passion… a healthy and nutritious Courgette Spaghetti in Creamy Sauce with Avocado, Peppers and Sun Dried Tomatoes.
- time of 15 minutes
- difficulty easy
- diet / plant-based-vegan diet: without meat, dairy, eggs, wheat / gluten
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 larger courgettes
- 2 medium red peppers
- 10 sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 of red onion
- 1 small tomato
- Sea salt or Himalayan salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- I start to wash, dry the cougettes and prepare into spaghetti using spiralizer
- I wash peppers, dry and get rid of the watery seedy center. Next, I put them into the blender. I add sun dried tomatoes and blend until I get a pesto like consistency paste
- Each avocado I cut in half, get rid of the pips and using a spoon I extract the middle. I put it into a bowl and crush it with a fork. Then I cut the onion into cubes and add to the avocado together with a pinch of salt. I mix everything well using a fork
- The ready-made spaghetti I put onto a plate. I start the presentation by pouring in the paprika pesto, and on top of that I put the avocado guacamole.
- Finally, I dress it all up with green, leafy vegetables (choose according to your taste, what you have at hand) and top it all up with a drizzle of olive oil
Sharing is caring, so you if I could ask for your help to share this good for the body and soul recipe with your loved ones and your friends my heart will be utterly grateful.