Chickpea Crepes with Kale and Peppers Vegan & Gluten Free. I fried one and it came out rather thick, not really like a real crepe. I tried it, and suddenly everything was clear and the decision was made.
I don’t know how, but I will be frying them until I get a thin, deliciously nutritious crepe, with no gluten, no wheat and no eggs! And it happened…the moment of surrender! I guess they always say to try three times for a reason. They taste amazing!
- time 15 minutes
- difficulty easy
- diet without meat, dairy, sugar, nuts, gluten, wheat
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 tablespoons of chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- a pinch of salt or Himalayan salt or Sea salt
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/4 of red pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 small onion, cut into small cubes
- a handful of kale
- coconut oil or rapeseed oil for frying
- Get a bowl to which add the flour, salt, flax seed and water. Mix everything until a smooth consistency. Add black pepper and mix again
- Peal and slice the vegetables into small cubes. Kale you can blend or chop very finely. Add it all to the prepared mixture and stir it
- Warm up the pan, add the oil and after a few seconds when the oil will be very hot using ladle pour the mixture into the pan forming a crepe. Make sure that it is very thin
- Fry it for about a minute on one side and then turn it around and fry for another minute
I noticed that the mixture is slightly thinner than the one for the typical crepes, but do not worry the addition of linseed helps to fry them so they do not fall apart.