OK, hands up, who doesn’t like ice cream? No one, I bet! Truth? It’s the middle of summer, so we all eat a lot more ice cream, which is why I am offering you an amazing healthy version of our this kid’s old time favourite.
My version is designed to care for your health and body, and guess what? Your the taste buds will fly away into pure indulgence. Guaranteed… Who wants it? Carmely Almond & Vanilla Ice Cream Vegan No sugar? Vegan with no Sugar.
- time to prepare 15 minutes freezing: 3 hours
- difficulty easy
- diet plant-based / vegan diet; no dairy, sugar, eggs, gluten
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 glasses of almond milk
- 3/4 cup of xylitol powder (ground xylitol) can of course be replaced with plain sugar
- 1 and 1/2 vanilla sticks
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 15 Medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons of almond butter (salted)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (you can use honey for non vegan version)
- I’m starting by blending xylitol powder. I add xylitol into the blender and blend until it turns into powder. Next I add coconut and almond milk plus vanilla; blend all until everything mixes nicely. Finally, I put it into a container and then to the freezer
- I remove the seeds from dates – if you do not have Medjool dates then use the dry version – soak them in warm water to soften. When ready and soft add to the blender
- To blender also add maple syrup and almond butter and blend until get a sticky toffee looking delicious caramel
- I come back to my first vanilla part I made, take it out of the freezer and add the delicious caramel. Mix everything properly and put the container back in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours
- Take it out of the freezer half an hour before serving, or another good way is to blend them again (yes I mean the frozen one)
Sharing is caring, so you if I could ask for your help to share this good for the body and soul recipe with your loved ones and your friends my heart will be utterly grateful.