Broad Beans & Creamy Coconut Soup – Plant Lean & Healthy Protein. Broad beans are really healthy food, full of plant lean protein food so we should eat it as often as we can especially when in season.
see url Why? Well, it contains plenty of protein, almost no fat, a lot of Folic Acid, vitamins A and C, Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium. What’s more, it tastes great in soups and salads. However, to make it even more interesting for you I will share a delicious recipe for Broad Beans & Creamy Coconut Soup – Plant Lean & Healthy Protein.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 cups of fresh or frozen broad beans
- one onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- one small carrot
- half of a celery stick
- 1 can of coconut milk
- salt (Himalayan or sea salt)
- a few drops of olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/2 spoon of turmeric
- Boil the broad beans for 2-3 mins. Drain it in cold water and then peel the skin off
- Peel onion and garlic and blend them (optinal: cut finely)
- Warm up the pot, add oil, fry the onion and garlic for about 2-3 mins.
- Add 1⁄2 ofteaspoon of turmeric and 1⁄2 of teaspoon of salt. Keep frying it all for few more minutes
- Wash and peel carrot and celery, then put them into a blender and blend (optional: grate it ) them, add to the pan and fry everything for about 5 mins, mixing it once in a while
- Add boiled and peeled broad beans and hot water. Boil it for 20 mins
- Pour half of the soup into blender and blend it, then pour it back to the pot
- Chop the dill finely and add it together with 1⁄2 can of coconut milk. Mix it until the milk melts and soup will become nice an creamy