Sinless but delicious and only made with three healthy ingredients. That’s what makes this a perfect snack. You can take it with you to work and make your Snickers-eating colleagues jealous. It’s simple, healthy and tasty. Sesame seeds contain an abundance of healthy and beneficial properties. And my favourite dates. As my Arabic friends say, they are the ‘the bread of desert life”. Who can argue with that! They are natural sweeteners, rich in vitamins A,B and K. Throw in the the goodness of Magnesium and Potassium and we have tons of natural fibre. The third ingredient is xylitol powder – a healthy sugar alternative. So why not do something good for your body and swap your refined sugar habit for xylitol. Try it. You’ll love it. Especially if like your coffees and teas sweet. You’ve nothing to lose but lots to gain.
- time 20mins
- difficulty easy
- diet no nuts, flour/gluten, sugar (vegan)
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 glass of sesame seeds
- 15 medjool dates
- 3 tbsp xylitol sugar
- Depending on the blender, blend the sesame to get a thick paste, it can take up to 15 mins
- While the sesame seeds are being blended, remove the seeds from the dates.
- Ground xylitol in a coffee grinder to make a xylitol powder. Put it aside as you’ll cover the balls with it later
- Add the dates into the blender with your sesame paste and blend again to get a sticky paste
- When the paste is ready now is the fun of getting the fingers sweet, tasty and dirty. Form the balls as big as you wish and finally cover them in xylitol powder. Keep in the fridge for up to one week.